How can a company growing at unprecedented speed and managing unprecedented complexity automatically detect, prioritize, and assign work to its employees? When internal organizations are constantly restructuring themselves to tackle evolving problems, how can the supporting systems keep up with security, routing, and performance measurement needs without creating massive administrative overhead? The Retail Systems Platform (RSP) is a team dedicated to solving these challenging problems for Amazon Retail and beyond. Do you have a passion for using sophisticated methods like machine learning to create adaptive solutions to challenging business problems? Do you want to own responsibility of one of Amazon's major internal application platforms? Do you have a passion for process efficiency, elegance, and seamless user experience? Are you motivated by the idea of making amazon software developers’ jobs easier, and by extension, the lives of our business managers?
We're looking for talented individuals who are up to the challenge of designing and building major system components and can help us deploy high-performance, scalable systems that adaptively determines how work gets routed to a constantly-changing organization. We're reinventing how business processes are managed by building platform support to help application developers quickly and efficiently create, enable, and route workflows to streamline and automate business processes in Amazon Retail and related businesses. In this role, you'll help design, build, deploy, and manage the tools and systems that help achieve Amazon's goals of being the most customer-centric company around. You'll get to use the latest and greatest from Amazon Web Services, including SWF, SNS, SQS, S3, EML, EC2, CloudSearch, DynamoDB, and more. If this is you, Amazon is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies and help lead fundamental changes in the industry. Come join us!
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years experience for every 1 year of education
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• Familiarity with user experience best practices, techniques, and tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D