Amazon.com is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Vendor Manager to help us develop the Furniture Business - on of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com. Our mission is to create a world-class store where customers will discover, research, and buy from the largest Furniture selection in the market. Joining the Amazon Furniture team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment.
We expect this manager to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven ability to drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. In addition, demonstrating the ability to communicate and influence some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, and a high level of commitment.
The successful Vendor Manager must be able to:
- Manage vendor relationships - establish and manage supplier/partner relationship, communicate the value of Amazon retail, negotiate contracts, and launch vendors’ products.
- Monitor vendor inventory feeds to ensure vendor supports business requirements to ensure a successful customer experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s long-term business profitability
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines.