As a Software Development Manager in the Algorithms group you are expected be an expert in designing, developing, and deploying large scale machine learning solutions and applications.
Your position will require you to:
- Lead a team of highly skilled and driven individuals towards achieving aggressive business goals.
- Grow talent in the team, coach team members on growth areas and create a promotion paths for strong performers.
- Communicate clearly with our customers and collaborators to reduce ambiguity and mitigate risk.
- Enforce professional software engineering guidelines and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Manage and communicate project deliverables, timelines, and progress.
- Build highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
- Interact with scientists and understand the inner workings of complex machine learning algorithms.
- Work with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R, Numpy, MxNet, and MATLAB.