Come join the Amazon team growing the best-selling Prime Exclusive Smartphones program! The Prime Exclusive Phones program creates incredible value for customers – disrupting the mobile segment and delivering the best of Amazon to Android. You’re excited to invent and deliver high quality, simple products, experiences and services that customers love.
We’re hiring an experienced and motivated Product Manager who will manage the team owning program business and marketing strategy and execution, including sales, brand partnerships, operations and supply, and launch/go to market. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will work with the program Engineering, Product Management and Business Development teams to drive future product roadmaps, develop product marketing and customer positioning, lead go to market strategy and manage all work streams to take a product from concept to customer. You should thrive in ambiguous situations, collaborating with others and love to build things from scratch. Note that experience in the mobile industry is a positive but not required. Key Responsibilities include:
· Own global business and marketing strategy for the program, including managing the team executing against program goals (sales, demand) and marketing strategy, including development of plans across e-commerce, offline retail, PR, naming, packaging, video assets, customer segmentation and positioning, roadmap prioritization and other critical marketing channels.
· Work with the research team to identify, scope and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects to gain consumer insights for marketing strategy
· Understand and assess core product opportunities in order to proactively determine how to best sell and drive demand in an optimal launch strategy
· Development of product positioning, claims and customer facing messaging for our core portfolio
· Proactively find ways of growing the business and providing value to customers.
· Take ownership of team, projects, challenges and successes; embrace new situations and genuinely care about solving the issues at hand. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Proven track record of big thinking and driving strategy
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically in a fast-paced environment.
· Set the tone, building good working relationships across the company; strong team orientation and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
· Enthusiastic and passionate about your products