As a Business Development Program Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broaden use of the Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. We are looking for someone who will drive the new Cost Tooling strategy that improves the overall effectiveness of teams across sales, solution architects, business development, ProServe, and Partners. This includes understanding the needs for data and tooling for pre-sales support across multiple user groups. You will help determine critical requirements for both tooling improvements and new sets of data and analysis to bring into and build within the tool(s). You’ll also work closely with the Cloud Economics team to provide the business logic engine around pricing, mapping instances, migration cost estimation and on-premises cost comparison estimates that will all be surfaced into an intuitive presentation layer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong program management background, have experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies and project management tools. The candidate also possesses rock-solid background in data analysis and insight, and converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information. The candidate should also have a business background that enables them to support a process of researching, analyzing, and reporting on business development activity. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Support the broader business development activity, including working with various internal stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis for better decision making
- Gather requirements for tools and processes to support product/feature launches from appropriate business owners, write clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritize features, and drive technical scoping as needed
- Successfully deliver projects on time working with global cross-functional teams
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the initiatives you’re responsible for including showing operations success and developing on further iterations
- Define, measure and utilize program KPI’s to improve the overall program
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for operational, program or product improvements
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary