Would you like to help the Worldwide Public Sector business at Amazon Web Services (AWS) more effectively support the global education, government and nonprofit communities? Do you have the business background necessary to direct AWS’s strategy for investing in the public sector?
As the Manager for the Global Public Sector Grants & Customer Enablement teams, your responsibilities will include helping to grow the grants program, evaluating and shaping inbound grant proposals, defining and operating future AWS calls for proposals, and working with recipients of larger AWS Grants to maximize the return on Amazon’s investments. You will be expected to evangelize the Grants program to the global public sector communities, representing AWS at conferences, workshops, and customer events. You will oversee the Customer Enablement team who is responsible for providing assistance to customers and the field sales organization on items such as billing issues, invoice conversions, Reserved Instance optimization, and Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
You should possess a background that enables them to easily interact with executives at academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies, as well as internal AWS sales teams. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the business development and sales team help develop, evaluate, and shape inbound grant proposals.
- Build and lead a cross-functional team that is geographically dispersed.
- Define and operate targeted calls for grant proposals that advance AWS business and technical initiatives.
- Work closely with recipients of larger AWS Grants to maximize the return on Amazon’s investments
- Develop mechanisms for measuring and reporting on return on investment (ROI) for programs and impact of team activity on broader organization.
- Develop and manage processes that allow AWS stakeholders to participate in and benefit from the Grants and Customer Enablement programs.
- Work with sales, marketing, and PR teams to showcase customer success stories.
This position can be based in Ballston, VA or Seattle, WA.