THIS POSTING IS FOR NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES
“We actively seek leaders who can invent, think big, have a bias for action and deliver results on behalf of our customers. These principles look very familiar to men and women who have served our country in the armed forces, and we find that their experience leading people is invaluable in our fast-paced work environment.” - Jeff Bezos
At Amazon, thousands of veterans and military spouses are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills, and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe. We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the robust programs Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including a vast internal network of veterans that offer mentoring, learnings, and support.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation.
The Area Maintenance Manager will lead a team of facilities associates and ensure a safe working environment for all.
• Dedicated to supporting multi-site production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self motivated and customer-centric.
• Develop and design solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
• Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
• Ensuring that all safety programs and procedures are followed, develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations.
• Develop business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
• Help to develop, set and track budgets.
• Understand and implement safety programs.
• Successful candidates must have the ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
• Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
• Project planning and cost analysis.
• The Facilities Area Manager promotes and conducts good housekeeping.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet