Hiring movers and shakers passionate about Cloud transformation!
Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint. On the forefront of this adoption are AWS Solutions Architects, educating the customers on how to craft highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from mid-market to large enterprise customers. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
We are looking for an architect who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. They will be broadly competent across many technology areas and deep in a handful of subjects. They must have the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly and have a passion about technology to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously.
On the business side, we are looking for excellent communication skills. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with customers via email, phone, WebEx, and occasionally, in-person meetings. They will meet with developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. Given the large portion of customers who are self-served, interest in and ability to create one-to-many content such as reference architectures and blog posts is an important part of the role.
We are looking for ability to moderate tone and technical depth based on audience and solid ability to pick up on non-verbal communication. The Solutions Architect will work across multiple sales teams and should have a proven ability to prioritize workload and manage time as appropriate, keeping stakeholders informed. This role requires domestic travel up to 10%. Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions, workshops, and bootcamps to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and product teams and help evolve the AWS platform