The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use their Alexa devices for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations with family and friends. In May 2017, we launched Alexa calling and messaging
. Customers can call and message
anyone who has an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa app, and make and receive video calls on the new Echo Show. It's still day 1 for our team and we want you to help us shape the future of voice-enabled technologies by raising the bar for operational performance and support across our organization.
As a data engineer on the Alexa Communications team, you will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets to help define how we use data to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. This will be an individual contributor role building a platform to solve complex product questions. You will partner with business and product development teams throughout the product lifecycle producing timely and top quality reports.
We are seeking a candidate with a restlessness to answer “why” questions and passion about using data to drive decision-making. We will be developing highly intuitive and easy to use dashboards to handle all aspects of data processing and visualization. The dashboards will be the single source of truth for leadership and product owners to understand business health and drive customer engagement. The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling), query optimization, data visualization, infrastructure design and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Manage AWS Resources, drive ongoing query optimization
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers