Amazon Mechanical Turk is an internet marketplace that provides access to an on-demand, scalable workforce to complete jobs that humans can do better than computers. Common use cases include image recognition, audio transcription, machine learning algorithm training, sentiment analysis, data normalization, and surveys. At any given time, there are hundreds of thousands of jobs (called Human Intelligence Tasks, or “HITs”) available in the system. We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction.
In this role you will work with business development, engineering, UX design, and program management to shape the business and product strategy for Amazon.com’s crowdsourcing marketplace. Your responsibilities include innovating and prioritizing features for Requesters and Workers, across Web UX, API, and new form factors. You will build product roadmaps, define clear requirements, conduct market research, and forecast and analyze business results. Successful candidates will work as part of a team to expand the Amazon Mechanical Turk in several groundbreaking areas, working with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization and spanning a wide range of technologies. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have a large impact in new technologies, within an innovative Amazon business unit.
The right person will have at least five years of product management experience, be highly analytical to select and digest the right signals from datasets and market patterns, and be calm in the face of fast-moving environments. Candidates must exhibit clear customer empathy, with strong product sensibilities to develop new concepts and drive feature prioritization and trade-offs. Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
As the Senior Product Manager for Amazon Mechanical Turk, your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting key insights on user behavior, pain points, and market trends to support data-based decision making.
- Developing and creating buy-in for the global product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Defining top-notch customer experiences, across Web UI, API, and new form factors.
- Translating the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap.
- Writing complete and detailed product requirements and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, and development teams.
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance, and operational support load.
- Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Leading cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently.