The Amazon Consumables Private Label team is creating a global portfolio of premium consumables products to meet Prime customers' daily needs. We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Product Manager with a healthy obsession about the rapidly evolving world of online consumer packaged goods, and product innovation to join our team and help us change the everyday lives of our global customers. The Product Manager will manage our growing portfolio of private brand products, starting with the determination of category road maps using customer feedback, category insights and Amazon data.
You are passionate about building and delivering new, high quality products that delight our customers. You have experience building deep relationships with external and internal partners, analyzing data, identifying trends, and developing new businesses. You enjoy building strong relationship with internal retail teams and creating new value for both your business and your partners. You have amazing negotiation abilities, strong financial acumen, a high degree of ownership and integrity, and a high attention to detail. You are an independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and have a strong entrepreneurial drive. You excel at communication and are comfortable with playing a lead role in a highly visible organization. You coordinate with cross-functional teams and outside partners to drive growth and process improvement for your business.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire retail product life-cycle from strategic activities to tactical implementation including portfolio idea generation based on market trends and customer needs analysis. Additionally, the role requires process development, operational planning and understanding of comprehensive financial analysis to support forecasting /inventory investments.
- Managing a broad portfolio of products with full ownership of category development. Developing the global product road map for a segment of the Consumables Private Brands program and working closely with both domestic and international key stakeholders.
- Build deep relationships with suppliers across a broad spectrum, from large global manufacturers to early stage regional startups.
- Influence executive decision-makers, helping them to understand the brand, desired product positioning, key points of difference, and targeted customer.
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, legal, tax, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and global suppliers to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with other members of the Consumables Private Label team including Product Management, Brand Management, Commercialization, Consumer Insights, Marketing, and Instock Management
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts.