Are you excited by the prospect of solving some of the hardest and most valued technical challenges of cloud computing? Do you want to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to cloud-scale storage? Come join us at AWS!
The EBS team is looking for smart and talented individuals who are interested in driving the quality of software that we produce, and improving our ability to innovate at scale and pace. This is a growing team within Amazon and we are looking for exceptional Senior Software Development Engineers who are skilled in software design/development, test and automation.
As a Lead Engineer in the EBS Data Plane team, you will design, build, and maintain a test automation framework and infrastructure that enables the delivery of high-quality software.
· Take ownership of team test architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance
· Work with Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers (TPMs), and Product Managers (PMs) to understand features and determine their respective acceptance criteria
· Drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies
· Implement successful test strategies (with supporting design and methodology), data structure, and algorithm patterns
· Solve difficult or complex architecture and/or test problems
· Build test tools
· Mentor and develop junior engineers
Consult the following links to find out more about the exciting work being done in Elastic Block Store.
What is EBS and what do we do? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKftR47Ljvw
AWS blog post about larger and faster EBS volumes: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-available-16-tb-and-20000-iops-elastic-block-store-ebs-volumes/
CrowdStrike re:Invent presentation about running Cassandra on EBS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R-mgOcOSd4
How Amazon Web Services Uses Formal Methods: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/tla/formal-methods-amazon.pdf
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.