Principal Design Researcher
The Amazon Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is looking for a highly experienced and motivated design leader to raise the bar on UX research at Amazon.
In this senior role, you will be promoting UX Research, the voice of the customer and a consideration for user needs throughout the company. This position identifies opportunities for key questions, projects, or initiatives to be informed by user research, and influences long-term strategic planning and implementation. You will be driving complex research strategy that impacts a large portion of the organization — possibly inventing new research techniques along the way. The work will be agile, keeping pace with the rapid innovation in the product team.
You will zoom out and ask the big questions that could potentially change the direction of devices and services. Working closely with product managers, designers, and engineers you will establish the research objectives within the framework of Amazon overall guiding the team’s research needs, including designing and overseeing research activities.
You are highly collaborative, with a consistent record of working closely with teams to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions. You have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, but you also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach. You are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You are excellent at juggling competing priorities and making decisions and recommendations that are scalable, extensible, and raise the bar for Amazon. Responsibilities:
· Establishing business research priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintain goals, milestones and completion dates
· Defining, driving and championing new technologies, collaborations and improved processes to define, leverage and implement world-class analysis (e.g., defining strategic business questions, implementing measures, data sources, methodology and study design, data)
· Partner with product team to identify and prioritize research goals based on analysis of current knowledge, project objectives and risks.
· Thrives on ambiguity. You love to dive into unknown territory and invent simple, elegant solutions to complex business and usability problems.
· Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings. As an ideal candidate, you will have:
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, moderation, analysis, reporting).
· Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.)
· Excellent communication, presentation, analytical skills and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.