The Amazon Device Analytics team is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to manage pricing for new devices across product categories, including e-readers, tablets and Echo. This position will be responsible for conducting pricing analysis, putting together business-oriented recommendations that materially benefit the device business and driving consensus across stakeholder groups. A typical pricing engagement drive >$10m is bottom line optimizations. They will be working closely with economists, consumer researchers, finance analysts and marketing teams, in an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging environment, and presenting recommendations to the most senior levels of the organization.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and exceptional written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of different business and pricing models and the underlying analytics, and the ability to assimilate new methodologies and data sources. They will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, vocally self-critical, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. He/She recognizes that the true measure of the work product is the business impact it has.
· Conduct market sizing exercises using available data, making thoughtful simplifying assumptions
· Work with consumer research teams and economists to execute on new primary research and analysis to inform demand models
· Conduct pricing analysis using customer demand and financial models, project managing the process across multiple device product lines and multiple geographies
· Help define tools that make repeatable work faster and more efficient
· Analyze and assess new proposed product ideas and business models