Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
The Alexa team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding Digital eco-system. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses working with a support engineering team that is providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, and business decision making support.
Some of the key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Ownership of one or more Digital products or components.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with Development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.