Amazon Software Development Engineer – In Test (Alexa Software)
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. An individual that has the wisdom and know how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams