Amazon Alexa, the speech processing and AI behind Amazon Echo, is seeking a principal technical program manager (PTPM). The PTPM position requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with multiple technology teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing launches. The principal TPM may also manage a small team.
In this role, you will wear many hats; you must possess a unique combination of strong technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude. You will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compelling at all levels of the company. You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we’d like to speak with you.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for customers and developers and experience in understanding and presenting platform strategies. You must have a background in solutions integration, software development and product management, specific to complete platforms and ecosystems. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love.Key Responsibilities:
- Own the planning and delivery of customer products and projects
- Manage cross team dependencies, risks, and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
- Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions and timelines with dependency teams
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
- Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals