Amazon Payments is seeking an experienced, account management professional who will be responsible for managing the Amazon Payments’ E-commerce Platform Provider partners and the merchants who use the E-commerce Platform Provider’s platforms. The Account Manager will be tasked with developing and executing programs to help Amazon Payments forge deeper and stronger relationships with those merchants utilizing the E-commerce Platform Provider’s platform and grow their business with Amazon Payments. The Account Manager will focus on the growth of the merchant base through increased product adoption that will increase processed transaction volume. The E-commerce Platform Providers represent Amazon Payments’ most valuable partners and their requirements and contribution to the evolution of Amazon Payments is of critical importance. The individual will work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these E-commerce Platform Providers. The Account Manager will play a key role in the coordination of teams and the communication of new products and features, while representing the E-commerce Platform Provider’s and their merchant’s needs and experience back to internal stakeholders. The Account Manager will represent both product and customer experience leadership across multiple strong teams in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment. Roles & Responsibilities
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of the E-commerce Platform Providers and their merchants in an ever-changing business environment.
- Be responsible for building strategic relationships with the E-commerce Platform Providers and with merchants across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups. Work at the most strategic level within the account and implement a broad strategy for growing the business.
- Help build a multi-level relationship engagement between the E-commerce Platform Provider’s organization and Amazon
- Partner with internal and external teams and other Amazon services Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
- Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell Amazon Marketplace, AWS, Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Local, MP3, Video, Kindle, Amazon Advertising, Product Ads, Associates, Gift Cards, and others.
Communication & Reporting:
- Manage E-commerce Platform Provider accounts and their merchant base, define opportunities and input and output goals for each E-commerce Platform Provider and coordinate with the extended team to deliver results for every merchant account utilizing the E-commerce Platform Provider’s platform.
- Develop and execute account management strategies and individualized account plans which create significant value to the E-commerce Platform Provider. The key output is an increase in the number of and transaction volume processed by merchants utilizing the E-commerce Platform Provider’s platform using Amazon Payments.
- Identify key business opportunities for each individual E-commerce Platform Provider account, manage toward a growth plan and exceed the key performance indicators for each E-commerce Platform Provider account.
- Ensure current transaction volume levels are maintained and identify opportunities to generate incremental transaction volume and increase buyer and seller awareness.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the E-commerce Platform Provider and their merchant’s business performance and establish a periodic business review with the merchant that addresses key business issues
- Analyze E-commerce Platform Provider merchant territory trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements.
- Represent the E-commerce Platform Provider and their merchant base effectively within Amazon Payments by understanding their business needs, product, process and system requirements to influence and define Amazon Payments’ product feature and functionality and process changes
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future functionality of Amazon Payments to find and execute new opportunities with the E-commerce Platform Provider and their merchant base.
- Manage complex contract negotiations
- Develop a plan to manage any applicable product or platform transitions
- Optimize marketing engagements with the merchant base of the E-commerce Platform Provider
- Address and resolve any financial issues that affects the E-commerce Platform Provider’s business with Amazon Payments
- Serve as the primary relationship liaison for business, technical and high priority customer service escalations.
- Ensure the establishment of effective risk management policies and processes to mitigate potential merchant performance issues
- Implement account management best practices and standard operating procedures into the business development framework.
- Lead the development, updating and delivery of key E-commerce Platform Provider account plans to a senior management audience.
- Achieve immediate resolution of high priority issues through stakeholder teams and appropriate escalation
- Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
- Successfully prioritizing the needs of E-commerce Platform Provider and their merchants in a manner that balances merchant’s needs and internal priorities.
- Set up periodic multi-level engagement with cross-functional stakeholders across the E-commerce Platform Provider and their merchant base with the Amazon Payments organization to address business, operational and strategic priorities.
- Prepare and lead business reviews to the E-commerce Platform Provider and Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.