Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with hundreds of thousands of titles available on-demand across PCs, Kindle, Fire TVs, iOS, Android devices, and more. X-Ray for Movies and TV is a unique and interactive feature to help customers learn more about what they're watching. We answer questions everyone has while watching video content like ‘Who is that actor?’, ‘What else has she been in?’, or ‘What’s the song?’ without ever having to leave playback. For fans who can’t get enough of their favorite shows, we also provide in-depth character backstories, cast biographies, fun trivia, and special behind-the-scenes experiences in the form of video clips, photo galleries, and commentary.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to define the roadmap and customer experience for the X-Ray feature across all mobile platforms, geographies, and content types. You will drive the strategy and vision and develop a product roadmap to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, marketing, PR, finance, legal, business development, and content/production teams to bring new features and products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. A successful candidate will have an established background in launching customer facing features in a fast-paced environment, strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to influence others, a passion for digital and interactive video, and strong cross-functional leadership.
In this role you will:
- Define the product strategy, roadmap, and requirements based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology
- Oversee analysis of customer behavior through deep dives, user studies, surveys, and other methods to extract customer insights and drive product decisions
- Own development of product requirements documents for new experiences, features, or platform capabilities
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management to deliver on the product roadmap
- Evangelize the product and drive visibility of the feature
- Work with Amazon Studios teams to develop unique experiences for our Original content
- Work with other Amazon teams and business development to identify partnership opportunities