Amazon's worldwide pricing team is looking for a talented Data Engineer to deliver business intelligence solutions for decision support and strategic planning. Data plays a key role in the evolution of our pricing algorithms to solve the world's most complex technical challenges in pricing optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, algorithms and data mining. Pricing systems are responsible for determining and publishing prices automatically, with little to no manual intervention, for the millions of items that Amazon sells worldwide ranging from Books to Consumer Electronics to Shoes.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, superb analytical capabilities, outstanding business insight, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest and most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative problem solving to deliver useful reports and data insights.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities who strives to answer business/marketing questions rather than just producing numbers and who operates independently and works across functional boundaries. We are looking for someone to develop a healthy obsession with understanding our customer and providing services that meet their needs. This person must also enjoy being a creative contributor and thrive in working in a start-up environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* You own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* You define and develop tests to identify the best way to reach, convert and retain customers.
* You will be the voice of the customer in understanding their behavior and needs.
* You collaborate across the organization to develop best practices for your function and advocate for improvements in enterprise-wide tools
* You are comfortable presenting your findings to large groups, both internally and externally
* You will encourage the organization to adopt next-generation business intelligence tools for real-time data analysis and scalable AWS-based solutions.
* You have an understanding and empathy for business objectives, and continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value. You listen effectively.
To learn more about Pricing Systems, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonPricingSys