Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services
AWS is looking for a Communications Security (ComSec) Material Custodian to support the AWS Infrastructure Operations (InfraOps) team in maintaining a sound security posture for US Intelligence Community (USIC) Cloud technologies and activities. As a member of the InfraOps team the candidate will be responsible for gear receipt custody, issue, safeguarding, accounting, and when necessary the destruction of COMSEC material in accordance with US Government security standards.
The ideal candidate will bring ComSec material physical security, project management, and customer facing business skills to this position. Exceptional communication skills are paramount. In addition, the candidate will present demonstrated experience in performing ComSec Material Custodial skills. Suitable candidates must possess broad skills in information technology, project management, critical thinking, process improvement, and independent problem solving.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline, process improvement project initiatives. Candidate must have the ability to work independently to continuously improve ComSec material handling and preemptively address risks/issues with ComSec material physical security.
Among Other Duties, the ComSec Material Custodian Will
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Manage the InfraOps ComSec material program to ensure programs are developed and operated in accordance with internal and customer security policies and practices
- Develop, track, and report on key program performance metrics
- Continuously monitor processes and drive improvements in efficiency and quality of our security programs
- Develop, communicate, and maintain project roadmaps
- Train and mentor employees on how to properly handle and secure ComSec material
- Map current processes to establish baselines
- Recommend areas for process improvements
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Be self-motivated, able to work with minimal day-to-day guidance and have the ability to own problems through to resolution
- Experience managing Classified Material
- Strong understanding of U.S. federal IT security mandates, security standards and compliance for national security mission systems operating in a multi-tenant infrastructure/platform as a service environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work in cramped and/or elevated locations
- Applicants must possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance (TS) with SCI eligibility. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4. Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience managing classified material.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily.
- Responsible for receipt and custody, issue, safeguarding, and accounting for COMSEC material.
- Will be responsible for the maintenance of up-to-date records and the submission of all required accounting reports.
- Working knowledge of regulations, directives, processes and procedures for the control of highly classified materials.
- Responsible for the maintenance of up-to-date records and the submission of all required accounting reports.
- Conduct inventories per agency policy and reports any discrepancy to government customer.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.