Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build and operate our Global Migration Practice. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and execution goals for the team.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects.
In the Global Migration Practice, we’re hiring both highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale migrations for customers rapidly moving large numbers of applications onto AWS.
The leader for Portfolio Management will be responsible for driving the operations of the Global Practice including control and reporting of our portfolio of customer projects, internal resource planning, metrics reviews and reporting, and strategic planning. This person will work with area and regional practice leads, operations leads and the Migration Practice team to drive the business.
- Expertise – Large scale Program Management Experience in global, multi-national, and matrixed organizations.
- Portfolio Management – Building the Portfolio Management processes including global perspectives, data gathering, tooling and reporting.
- Resource Management – Lead the resource management processes for the core team and drive the resource management requirements globally for insight and control across many large and complex projects.
- Feedback and Insights – Develop mechanisms across the portfolio to gather data and insight from active migration projects. These can include but are not limited to patterns, tooling, effort, costs, risks etc.
- Cross Functional – working with peer leaders in the Migrations Practice to develop cross-functional ability to augment each others roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.