was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon Clicks provides the advertising platform for some of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses, our offering Sponsored Products stands out amongst the fastest growing service inside Amazon.
The Amazon Clicks Data Engineering team is looking for an exceptional data engineer who is passionate about data and the insights that large amounts of data can provide, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major novel innovations in the industry to fill the role of a Sr. Data Engineer. The role will focus on working with a team of data engineers, business and tech savvy professionals to lay down scalable data architecture to ingest the large amounts of structured and unstructured data and datasets, work with stakeholders to drive business decisions based on these datasets.
The ideal candidate will possess both a data engineering background and a strong business acumen that enables him/her to think strategically and add value to increase the support business and the customer experience.They will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis techniques such as data mining and machine learning.
The successful candidate will work with multiple global site leaders, Business Analysts, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Product Management, and Finance, in addition to stakeholders in sales, marketing and service teams to create a coherent customer view. They will:
· Mentor and develop data engineers and business analysts.
· Develop and improve the current data architecture for AWS Support Redshift, Oracle and Hadoop/Hbase Cluster.
· Improve upon the data ingestion models, ETLs, and alarming to maintain data integrity and data availability.
· Keep up to date with advances in data persistence and big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data sets of advertiser experience.
· Partner with BAs across teams such as product management, operations, sales, marketing and engineering to build and verify hypothesis to improve the business performance.
· Manage and weekly business report via dashboards and papers the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of performance via Key Performance Indicators.