Software Development Manager - comiXology Web & Mobile | New York, NY, United States
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a web/SOA development team focusing on a significant system migration from PHP to Java, and thereafter implementing innovative consumer features. The SDM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. Along with demonstrable tech chops — you should be able to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions. While you won’t be writing code every day in this role, you’ll need to in order to get the role!
You are an ideal candidate if you have a demonstrated track record of hiring and leading teams of software development engineers to design and deploy the next version of comiXology.
The SDM will work closely with the Systems Architect to design applications and will oversee the execution of that design in an agile environment. The SDM will report directly to comiXology’s CTO and will assist in planning, staff training and development, budgeting and forecasting, etc.
What You’ll Do:
· Lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, and testing of the comiXology platform
· Advise and consult with the Software Architect and Systems team on design and architecture
· Mentor application developers and participate in their career development
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
· Contribute to projects that develop new intellectual property