Would you like to be part of a team that is passionate about growing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the State and Local Government (SLG) market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? We want to talk to you if you answered yes to the above questions.
We are rapidly growing into the Public Sector market, and this group within Amazon offers a creative, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Representative to focus on SLG in Texas. You should have sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to advance and perform against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue goals. You should possess both a sales and technical background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should be an especially strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. You will work in a dynamic environment and should have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about the following….
- Being an owner when you join Amazon -- it's surprising how much ownership and impact you’ll have on Day 1.
- Our company credo: “We Pioneer.” We're a company of builders – Amazon is filled with smart, passionate people who are building new products and services, and innovating in every business.
- Customer obsession -- Customer focus is our foundation (and also our first leadership principle). You see it every single day – in meetings, in interviews, in every decision that we make.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and industry vertical.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
- Craft & articulate compelling value propositions around our services.
- Accelerate customer adoption.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS services.
- Manage contract negotiations.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key enterprise accounts.
- Ensure customer happiness.
- Limited to moderate travel.