Senior Finance Manager:
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Senior Finance Managers work with multiple sites, including regional partners. They help others understand results and are *the* trusted business advisor for all levels of leadership. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come lead, teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage teams that are fast and smart. You will provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Lead others, further develop exceptional talent, and encourage your teams to challenge assumptions
· Champion recruiting efforts across the network to continually hire and develop the best
· Lead finance and accounting activities within a region and oversee fulfillment costs up to several billion dollars
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Lead a “learn by doing” environment by engaging with on-the-floor associates and managers to promote and encourage continued customer focus
· Oversee the network’s weekly and monthly close processes, the planning, forecasting, and reporting models while driving their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations team & other business partners
· Work with data providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Proven expertise evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful reports that lead to improved business results
· Proven ability to develop strategic relationship amongst your business partners – you influence the decisions across various regions. You can uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites or region and create new mechanisms as they are needed
· Proven ability to lead teams with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events