Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS identity team has been strategic to amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, security and providing fundamental platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS identity team enables our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet.
Now we are embarking on a new initiative to further expand the portfolio of AWS Identity services. This is an area that requires solving some of the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant world class engineers to work with us on this new initiative!
The AWS Identity team is building a new cloud service that dramatically simplifies how customers build, deploy and manage cloud applications. We are looking for a talended engineering leaders who will be responsible for owning and driving engineering aspects in this space focusing on enabling cloud single sign on and business to business collaboration. As a tier zero service we will be raising the bar on resilience and scalability. We’re looking for top engineers to design, evangelize and implement state of the art solutions for never before solved problems. We have multiple positions available within the AWS identity team at all career stages. Position Responsibilities:
· Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
· Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
· Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
· Delivery quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
· Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.