Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” World-class retail brands and individual sellers reach worldwide customers and increase their sales by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. We rely on the data from our supplier partners to properly classify inventory. When the data provided for dangerous goods is incorrect or incomplete, there is a potential risk to our employees, customers, and supply partners.
The Dangerous Goods team is looking for a Risk Manager - Technical Integration for World Wide Selection Classification. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing a new product that support vendors, sellers, and / or internal teams dangerous goods classification capabilities, enabling the automated classification of each unique unit sold on Amazon. This is the opportunity for you to advance your leadership and operational skills within Amazon.
The successful candidate will create, develop and drive solutions that lead to a richer end to end customer and operations experience while enabling selection expansion. Responsibilities include:
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, operational support load and technical/architectural design
· Work with development and sourcing teams to assess additional/ alternative technical solutions collaborating to define long-term, scalable, customer architecture needs.
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Define key technical metrics and manages the inclusion of tracking required for product analysis.
· Monitor and analyze technical metrics to assess customer experience (e.g. launch latencies, number of Spot interruptions, pipeline conversion, etc.)
· Obtain and maintain hazardous materials certification