At Amazon, we’re trying to solve the problem of cross-border, global retail (allow anyone, anywhere, to buy anything, from anywhere, and receive it with the same speed and convenience of shopping domestically).
The Sr Product Manager role on the Amazon Export team will focus on the delivery experience (DEX), with regard to customs clearance. Amazon Export promises to the customer (i) that the import fee deposit shown at checkout will never increase, even if actual customs duties are higher, and (ii) that if the duties are lower, the customer will be refunded the difference -- all the while ensuring that millions of internationally-shippable products never get stuck at customs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an organized self-starter, with strong customer focus, and the ability to influence quickly across multiple inter-related teams. They will be responsible for DEX Customs Clearance, with regard to both strategy and program implementation. They will have a broad skill set, including analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and grammar and communication skills that are above the bar. They will work with business and technical teams of all sizes, and must have leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon Exports at all levels.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Solve complex business, operational, financial, and technical challenges with a high degree of autonomy
- Work cross-functionally with legal, compliance, operations, and other teams to scope and drive large-scale, technical implementations
- Work closely with software developers and development managers to identify and resolve customer experience gaps, challenges, and opportunities
- Manage short-term and long-term strategy for expanding Amazon's export functionality
- Manage and build relationships with support teams to enhance coordination and improve team process.
- Write and present PR/FAQs and requirements documents to gain alignment and clarity on major export initiatives
- Influence projects and agendas across a broad range of cross-functional teams