Are you an experienced database or a data warehousing architect? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume OLTP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, and Redshift adoption.
· Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
· Work closely with AWS RDS, Aurora and Redshift teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
· Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· Help design and implement AWS RDS, Aurora and/or Redshift architectures and configurations for customer
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
· Migrate load processes from Appliance DWH system (e.g. Netezza, Teradata) to AWS Redshift
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.