Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a self-motivated, high-judgement, well-connected, and experienced public relations leader to drive communications programs for AWS. This includes managing press programs at top tier AWS events, and working with AWS's ecosystem of partners to drive positive awareness for AWS. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, is an expert at writing, has familiarity with crisis communications, can exercise high-judgment while acting quickly, and is comfortable working with senior executives.
The Senior Manager, AWS PR works with AWS leaders to develop messaging, PR strategy, and plans. He or she is comfortable balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution and has a strong track record developing relationships with top-tier business and technology press.
This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations. Key Responsibilities
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR programs that showcase AWS’s partner ecosystem
· Develop and strengthen relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers
· Own communications programs at AWS events, including AWS re:Invent
· Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high-judgment and professionalism
· Manage PR agency resources
· Write and edit press releases, blogs, pitches, and communications plans