Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
We are looking for a high judgement leader who is well versed with the latest in networking technologies and the best practices in design to build and operate a software driven, fully automated and self-serviced network that is operated at an unmatched global scale. The Senior Network Design Manager in this role will be responsible for
• Leading the global Network Architecture, Engineering and Project teams with
roadmap development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing
guidance to technical leadership team
• Creating a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying
innovation opportunities to resolve security, availability, scalability, performance,
agility and cost efficiency challenges
• Working closely with vendors and internal software development teams to drive
technology roadmaps and work toward long term solutions
• Planning CapEx and reducing OpEx and owning ultimate service delivery
• Building a world class team by attracting and retaining industry leading talent
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of real Cloud Computing.