The Amazon Business team is building a development team to disrupt the way businesses worldwide purchase their supplies.
Our team is focused on building solutions to enable business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base… and we are here to solve this.
We've made some good strides within two year of launch to become one of the most promising opportunities within Amazon. Go ahead and read about it on any of your favorite media outlets.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to build our next generation of business e-commerce solutions. We experiment rapidly using the latest machine learning techniques such as Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), Matrix Factorization. We work with Machine Learning experts across Amazon to deliver the best possible solutions, leveraging Amazon’s vast computing resources (AWS) and data. We deal with large amounts of training data, rapid prototyping, offline/online testing and high-performance requirements.
This role will require working with Sr. Managers, Principal Engineers, and Program Managers. You should be excited to dive deep, iterate rapidly, and have a desire to learn and try new things. You will work with a team of scientist and engineers who are passionate about machine learning and using AI to make a sizable impact on our customers. You will dive deep into multiple Deep Learning architectures, review papers implement solutions and come up with new, novel alternatives.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Research and implement novel machine learning and computational models to solve problems that matter to our customers.
- Be efficient in aligning research direction to business requirement and make the right judgment on research project prioritization.
- Mentor and develop a high performing team of Machine Learning Engineers and Research Scientists.
- Stay informed on the latest machine learning trends in general, including recommender systems and deep learning.
- Understand business requirements and customer needs, and map to scientific problem.
- Own end-to-end experimentation, from conception/research, offline testing and live A/B testing.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a lot of autonomy this may be the career opportunity for you!
Go ahead and join us. Amazon is growing extremely fast, our team is growing even faster!