Publicity Lead, Amazon Publishing
Amazon Publishing is seeking a self-motivated, well-connected and creative book publicist to join our strategic communications team in Seattle. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the proactive and reactive media relations strategies for Amazon Publishing’s books, specifically literature in translation. In addition to demonstrated expertise in book publicity, the successful candidate must have an eye for innovation and an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach to public relations. The candidate should be a strategic thinker, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
The Publicity Lead will report to the Head of Publicity, Amazon Publishing. This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel.
Core Job responsibilities:
- Plan and execute publicity campaigns to drive awareness for Amazon Publishing books
- Write press materials, pitch and secure top national and local media, including print, broadcast and online outlets
- Drive proactive coverage for Amazon’s publishing programs and initiatives
- Coordinate creative and original press launches
- Build excellent relationships with key publishing media
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing and promotional teams in order to drive successful launches and build author brand awareness
- Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
- Serve as a spokesperson for the business