Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
We are seeking an Operations and Program Management Leader to partner with the head of the AWS Americas Solutions Architecture team to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities for the business. This role is the "Chief of Staff" responsible for everything defining program alignment, strategic planning, customer success, and business management. This is a leadership role leading a team of solution architects, customer success managers, business analysts, and program coordinators for the Americas commercial sales business.
This role will partner with the head of Americas Sales Strategy and Operations (SSO) in the strategic planning process, the annual and monthly rhythm of business and the annual Territory Planning process. The ideal candidate has broad leadership skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to ensure the continued growth and success of the business and delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist Solution Architecture leaders in evaluating and measuring performance against goals, utilizing various internal tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will lead a team supporting the day to day execution of the business including commission and quota plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and providing reporting and insights to Solution Architecture leaders.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes.
- Establish customer-centric programs to align business growth.
- Define the key Solutions Architecture support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue/goal attainment and market development objectives.
- Lead analytical deep-dives to understand business drivers and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that cultivate and result in new business opportunities based on analytical insights.
- Identify and implement metrics and reporting tools to measure business results and success.
- Lead quarterly planning and cross-functional engagement, and drive improvements in process and reporting infrastructure.
- Program coordination of Architecture Technology Summits.