Audible is seeking a bright, judicious, articulate and proactive individual for the role of Senior Manager, Global Communications. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs within the office of the CEO and will play a vital role in Audible’s expansion and success in key geographic territories. Join the company that invented digital audiobooks, is the largest seller and producer in the fastest–growing format in publishing, and is a leading destination for digital entertainment. This position is based at our galleryesque loft-style HQ in Newark, NJ – 20 minutes from Manhattan.
This position will have responsibility for supporting global communications initiatives for Audible with a key focus on media relations, agency, publications and spokespeople relationships. This is a global collaborative role, working across countries and zones to coordinate efforts and guide local market PR teams in their execution. The role requires superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral); passion and enthusiasm for Audible’s disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture; commitment to customer-centrism and innovative audio content; and ability to articulate all of the above internally and externally. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. As this position is tethered to the office of the CEO, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs in coordination with local business leaders to identify and implement global communications processes and protocols that are effectively coordinated between territories
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs in coordination with local business leaders and the EVP, International Operations and team to develop disruptive global communications strategies to increase category and brand awareness
- Partner with territory PR leads to effectively manage all global communications programming and seeding initiatives in markets
- Drive editorial storytelling and editorial content development to support new territory launches; ensure consistency and relevance across all consumer communication touch points in conjunction with the international expansion team
- Maximize traditional and non-traditional visibility and engagement campaigns across territories, including the creation and management of global press tools, social media and influencer engagement strategies
- Manage the development of Global Communications materials including press releases, media pitches, Q&As, imagery, toolkits and any image communications
- Direct liaison with all markets' local communications teams and/or PR vendors to manage local execution of global strategy, and analyze/report back launch plans and results to Management.
- Operate as an Audible communications liaison by establishing and maintaining relationships across the organization to ensure every customer-facing opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified
- Understanding of the international landscape
- Editorial awareness and storytelling – deep understanding of the editorial and media landscape. Able to ideate and craft the story(ies) and relevant/necessary content to connect territories and business objectives with target consumer interests, desires and behaviors.
- Written and oral communication—exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, tailors writing style as appropriate for varying communication channels, presents numerical data effectively; speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
- Digital Fluency - foundational understanding of consumer behaviors in the digital space. Understands how consumers engage with brand and influencer content across editorial, social and digital platforms. Keeps abreast of new digital and social trends, tools and platforms to ensure Audible communications strategies connect with Audible listeners and target consumers.
- Influencing and Negotiating - builds positive relationships with internal and external business partners. Capacity to work across teams at the highest levels of the Audible organization and effectively convey new ideas.
- Organization and project management acuity – experience managing communications plans in various life-cycle stages. Able to plan and coordinate complex and high-impact projects with varying and shifting priorities, should have superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative agility – innovative thinker and flexibility to change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- Research skills—ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
- People skills—enjoys working with people, and understands discretion and diplomacy
- Passion for Audible core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company’s commitment to urban revitalization and its disruptive, technology-driven culture