Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. You show a hands-on passion for your work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. You will cooperate with our experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design creative products. You'll work closely with outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You're responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment.
- Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
- Feature design and testing to meet program objectives
- Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
- Detailed part design and product documentation
- Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
- Provide cross-functional program integration support to insure team success
- Leading project teams to timely delivery of products
- Collaborate with overseas resources
- Applying technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
- Mentoring junior engineers in good product design practice
- Stay in touch with supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to support product development activities (10% travel).