At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer offerings daily. As we rapidly become the world’s largest consumer of corporate services in many categories, the Corporate Procurement team is fueling our explosive growth by identifying innovative sourcing strategies and negotiating sustainable, long-term partnerships.
Amazon is seeking a Global Category Manager (GCM) to join the Corporate Procurement team. GCMs serve in a pivotal role, leading strategic sourcing engagements across a wide range of business units to enable new business initiatives to launch and scale rapidly. Spend categories under management include Marketing, Professional Services, Software and Technology, HR, Travel, Temp Labor, Architecture, Construction, and Facilities. Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders, and operational excellence in managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously. Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in the tools for creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success. If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with Amazon’s Corporate Procurement department.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
- Develop global sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives for internal clients, and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis.
- Manage the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFX, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.