Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies and machine learning systems that customers love.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer for the Alexa team,you will build systems for all stages of knowledge distillation; from data collection, through processing and cleaning, forms of modeling and inference, to extraction and verification. You will also collaborate closely with a team of Applied Scientists with expertise in areas such as Natural Language Processing, Automated Speech Recognition and Machine Learning to develop novel algorithms and methods and connect them to our cloud based engines. Prior domain knowledge including ML, ASR, and NLU is a preferred, though not required. However, strong motivation to learn ML, ASR and NLU is critical for successful candidates. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and maintenance of core system features
- Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application