The Amazon AI team is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management with a knack for building customer-centric web products and services, with a track record of delivery. Come be a part of defining the future of AI and build tools that will enable amazing and intelligent experiences.
In this role, you will hire and lead a product team responsible for enabling Amazon Ai and making it accessible to everyone. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of your services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor product managers and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will be responsible for innovating and delivering on some of our most strategic projects. You will directly impact large scalable products at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a product management director, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within the Amazon Ai team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.Position Responsibilities
- Hire, mentor and lead a product management team.
- Responsible for identifying and leading work on most complex, large-scale products that have a major impact on the entire company.
- Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term product and business strategy and goals.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
- Contribute to Amazon's growth by working directly with our customers