Amazon Exports and Expansion is looking for a smart and innovative Data Engineer that has a solid foundation in database technologies. Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
- Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
- Work across all tiers leveraging Service-Oriented Architecture, mobile platforms, user experience, analytics and data mining
- Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
- Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
Amazon Global Store enables cross-border customers to purchase products on Amazon Marketplaces that currently ship to over 77 countries with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to provide a customized experience that allows customers anywhere in the world to buy products from all of Amazon marketplaces. We are expanding the selection of products eligible to ship internationally, providing access to worldwide selection, adding international destinations, introducing cheaper and faster shipping options, and improving the online buying experience for international customers
In this role you will:
- You have an understanding and empathy for Amazon’s Exports and Expansion customers and business objectives.
- You will identify and build the customer experience metrics to measure the success of targeting cross-broader and international shoppers.
- You recognize and adopt best practices in data warehousing and business intelligence: design, testing, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- You write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in SQL, PL/SQL, or MDX.
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- You understand a broad range of data models and know how, when and when not to use them.
- You recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems.
- You understand how Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications work, perform, and scale.