Amazon Registry Services Inc. (“ARSI”) is one of Amazon's truly greenfield opportunities. We aim to fundamentally change the fabric of the Internet by re-imagining how generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) are used as the core of an individual or organization’s internet presence. We partner with teams across Amazon (i.e. AWS, Alexa, Echo, Kindle, Amazon Pay, and others) to work backwards from the customer and build innovative new services, solutions and business models for the 52 new gTLDs in our current portfolio. We are looking for a seasoned technical program manager to drive efficiency and collaboration across teams as we work to build from the ground up. If you're interested in a start-up like experience at Amazon, enjoy orchestrating large cross-functional projects and complex technical initiatives in a highly ambiguous environment, then come join us!
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical leader with hands-on technical program management skills. You are passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions and obsessed with continuous process improvement. You are a creative problem solver, tenacious and have superior analytical abilities. You will help define and develop solutions that bring creative business opportunities to life. You will work closely with the ARSI engineering and product management teams to translate business needs into workable technology solutions. You are willing to get hands on to produce detailed technical specs and high-level architecture designs. You are a big thinker, able to identify new opportunities for development as ARSI grows. You will use your excellent communication and relationship management skills to influence to drive process and execution goals, regularly communicating with senior management across Amazon. Discretion and a high degree of professional maturity are required, as many efforts are in stealth mode and confidentially is required when communicating with external partners. Key Responsibilities
- Own management of the product development lifecycle, embracing an iterative methodology
- Help manage the intake process for new feature requests across the ARSI roadmap
- Develop and execute project plans and run the day-to-day project needs for assigned projects/programs.
- Work closely with product managers and developers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints to optimize risk taking behavior for maximum business benefit.
- Drive effective team work, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Maximize and ensure the most efficient use of resources and technologies
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management