Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, streamers and creators.
You are a Technical Director with broad game development experience and world-class team leadership and software engineering skills. You will build and lead a team focused on creating bleeding edge realistic visuals and the most efficient content pipeline possible for a brand new cross-platform AAA game title. You will be a key voice of leadership impacting a key project in the Amazon Game Studios portfolio. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Burnout Paradise, Forza, Mechwarrior Online, Call of Duty, Half Life 2, and Halo. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand new AAA game title. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
As a Technical Director, you will be expected to:
- Own development of features end-to-end
- Work on project ideas with designers, artists, production, influencers, and peers
- Balance customer requirements with team requirements
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process, and development discussions which impact a new Game Title and Amazon Game Studios
- Effectively mentor and manage a critical team of software developers including their projects and performance
- Define, document, negotiate, communicate, own, and deliver a Gameplay team roadmap, from implementing new gameplay features, to refactoring existing architecture, to collaborating with design to bring prototypes into a complete state
- Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
- Foster a constructive dialogue and argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.