Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If so, then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges.
The Senior Manager for Operations Engineering has responsibility for leading a large team to design and re-engineer processes in Amazon logistics operations. These processes involve material handling, facility layout, labor planning, and technology deployment. The ideal candidate must have a proven history of engineering leadership, responsibility for large projects, cost control/P&L responsibility, and driving innovation across a high-performing engineering organization.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an influencer and capable of working effectively with senior leaders across multiple organizations. You will also need to be a proven team leader, engineering leader, diligent project manager, communicator, influencer, and problem solver. You will manage large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity and advocate on behalf of the customer. Responsibilities include:
· Responsible for North America Operations Engineering
· Manage a high-performing team of Process Engineers; drive standardization in day-to-day, field-based logistics operations and MHE automation solutions
· Manage and improve facility and field engineering processes using lean methodologies
· Manage large, complex engineering initiatives leading to globally scalable solutions
· Collaborate with Planning, Launch, Procurement, Finance, HR, external partners and product teams to ensure project completion (on time and within budget)
· Ensure customer satisfaction by following through with requests and ensuring needs are met as accurately and immediately as possible
Ensure optimal performance and influence design of material handling and equipment solutions