Amazon Web Services (AWS) (www.amazon.com/aws
) was officially launched in 2006 and provides Amazon's developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Position Summary:
AWS is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with the leading systems integrators, interactive agencies and management consulting firms globally. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to lead AWS’s top Global Alliance Partners and position AWS as the technology platform of the future? In this highly strategic role, the Sr. Manager of Global Strategic Alliances will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon SQS, etc.) across AWS’s most strategic technology and consulting partners. Responsibilities:
Reporting to the GM, Worldwide Strategic Alliances, responsibilities will include leading a team of partner development managers who will drive C-level and field relationships with AWS’ global alliance partners.
- Effectively engage C and SVP level business and technical executives within the named global alliances to gain top down sponsorship.
- Develop and execute detailed joint business plans with partners including revenue and customer adoption targets, solutions packaging, software licensing, go-to-market plans, etc.
- Meet and exceed goals for customer adoption and revenue growth via AWS’s alliance partners.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in-line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Manage a direct and virtual team of field based partner development managers and ecosystem solution architects.
- Inspire, motivate and drive the team to deliver on its priorities
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with the AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Position AWS for internal use by our partners.
- Ensure that AWS is the preferred cloud computing platform for all of our alliance partners.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.