At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online and continue to build and expand The Cloud this is your chance to make history.
The Infrastructure Operations organization is looking for an extraordinary individual with proven and tested leadership and management skills as a leader in our facilities operations organization in Northern Virginia as a Data Center Engineering Operations (DCEO) Cluster Manager.
A DCEO Cluster Manager is one of our most senior management roles in the data center environment. In this role you will be responsible for leading a large organization, managing Area Managers and/or Facility Managers who own data center facility infrastructure.
The pace, scale, and growth of Amazon’s data center platform will challenge you. Our uncompromisingly high standards as we continually seek to innovate on behalf of our customers will push you to new levels of creativity. At this level Amazon is unique in that we seek experienced senior leaders who have evolved to be highly strategic in their approach to managing their business unit, yet understand how to lead large teams by example who will not hesitate to roll up their sleeves when tactical needs dictate it.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding data center IT infrastructure, data center facilities infrastructure and understand how the two coexist. If this understanding is contextual you will be served well by your experience.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers. This may be the challenge you’ve been looking for!Responsibilities
- Hiring, managing, and developing the operations management team including compute operations managers, engineering operations managers, logistics operations managers, and security operations managers.
- Attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
- Planning and executing the Infrastructure Operations component of new AWS data center build outs, new colo build-outs, AWS data center expansions, and colo expansions, including server hardware install, troubleshooting and repair, security system install, troubleshooting and repair, and related Operations tasks.
- Operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for Amazon datacenters to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and change management.
- Vendor management of colocation data center services providers to meet or exceed contracted performance SLA’s.
- Safety, security, and availability incident response, incident management, and incident resolution.
- Continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools.