This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination may be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
* IT Hardware Concepts:
o x86 Architecture
* Linux/Unix Administration:
o Boot Process
o File Systems
o Network device and protocol configuration
o Directory Structure
o Performance Management/Troubleshooting
o Base Operating System Install
o Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
o Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
* Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
* The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
* Amazon.com Data Center’s are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Center Technicians are also required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
* All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
* Employment for all candidates is contingent upon sucessfully passing a background check.