Analytics and Media Manager Team Lead Job Description
The Amazon Media Group (AMG) operates at the intersection of Advertising and eCommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon’s mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and the Amazon Advertising Platform. Online Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. The quality of Amazon’s audience, targeting and the underlying shopper data is unique and richer than any other media platform at scale. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
Analytics and Media Managers (AMM’s) are key members of the AMG account team, and their strategic and consultative digital expertise is considered critical to delivering the best return on investment for our customers. AMM’s help scale our growing media business by working with sales, operations, product, retail, and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve a brand’s performance on Amazon, specifically as it relates to their marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to lead a team of highly accomplished AMM’s based on the East Coast as they work to deliver on this mission for a collection of verticals.
In this position you and your team will play a pivotal role with some of our largest and most complex accounts, as the AMM’s you lead work with multiple account teams to drive growth across advertiser KPIs. Your team will act as strategic analytical partners for advertisers, participating in upfront strategy and negotiations, influencing retail and search marketing initiatives and owning account-level strategic conversations internally and externally.
You will exhibit deep analytical ability, and you will develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data to our advertisers. You will lead your team as they tie all facets of a client’s business together to provide clear direction and guidance to C-level marketing leaders, using experimentation, quarterly business reviews, and frequent in-person client sessions to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand’s story.
As the Analytics and Media Manager East Coast Team Lead you will be expected to demonstrate behavior that exemplifies the Amazon leadership principles and to drive innovation and roadmap decisions that increase the ease and availability of data to both internal teams and external partners.
At Amazon, we are obsessed with our customers. Your team’s customers externally are the advertisers and their agencies. Internal customers are members of the various Amazon Media Sales and Account Management teams, Trade Marketing, Retail Vendor Managers, Product Managers and Vertical Product Leads. Specific Responsibilities:
- Quarterly Business Reviews - this is the standard Amazon business practice of reviewing accomplishments, findings and pending decisions jointly with the Advertiser. You will lead your team to review jointly created actions, recommendations and KPI performance.
- Brand / Product Success plans – you will be responsible for creating the brand / product success plans on our platform based on brand objectives and launch calendars for the year.
- Test & Learn roadmap – your team will identify, define and build a joint test & learn plan with the advertisers in the vertical you will be responsible for.
- Custom analytics & reporting – provide custom analytics and reporting based on the advertiser needs.
- Identify repeatable solutions that can be built to scale more advertisers.
- Create custom vertical or market-level research to provide guidance to AMG Advertisers and showcase AMG’s targeting and insight capabilities.
- Support Online Brand Effects and Offline Sales Impact Studies for Premium Advertisers.
- Develop and extend analytics & reporting standards to the Account Management function.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- Thinks big and has convictions.
- Results oriented.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.