Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with products and services ranked over Apple and Google. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative, creative and fastest growing teams at Amazon.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join our AWS Infrastructure Finance team that provides end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. As an SFA, you will support the Hardware Engineering & Server Product Design team that is responsible for designing server hardware that supports ALL of AWS products and services and has significant impact on cash flow. This is a very exciting role that will help in evaluating the costs and benefits of adopting new and cutting-edge technology.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and
· Be the primary finance lead for a large implementation project
· Evaluate the trade-offs of different technology choices with respect to cost and performance relative to customer requirements.
· Develop ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to AWS senior management
· Evaluate the economics related to retiring or repairing existing server hardware.
· Support the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
· Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business