Amazon Campus is a strategic initiative focused on engaging college students at physical locations in and around universities across America. We have launched multiple fully staffed pickup points offering convenient locations to collect and return Amazon orders in Purdue, UMass Amherst, UC Santa Barbara, University of Cincinnati, UC Berkeley and many more locations with expedited shipping benefits. This year we plan to launch more locations to scale up the Campus business and help our customers get what they want in the fastest possible way. If your imagination can capture the scale of our challenge and you are getting goosebumps right now, then reach out to us.
The Amazon Campus Design team is seeking an experienced Senior User Experience Designer to join us in our swanky South Lake Union office in Seattle. The Senior User Experience Designer will play a key role in designing UX for our retail customers along with other designers and partner teams. They will evaluate and build structures and systems of multidisciplinary design, plan and prioritize work and collaborate closely with visual design, product management, store design, marketing and development teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality, end-to-end UX solutions for the customer and business problems they are solving. The Sr. UX Designer will be a proactive communicator, who will share the ownership of user experience design with their peers and partners. They must be able to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Their key responsibilities will be:
- Help define product requirements by collaborative brainstorming and high-level prototyping with partner teams.
- Conceive, build and test ideas that are outside the box and deliver top quality user experience that raises the bar in terms of innovation, simplicity and consistency.
- Work creatively around challenging resource and technical limitations and help mentor others on their team in this regard.
- Design detailed wireframes with clear information architecture, interaction model and user flows.
- Communicate and present to partner teams to get commitment on final UX deliverables.
- Work with visual designers and quality assurance teams to ensure integrity of user experience in final product.
- Work with a small team of junior designers to support their development and ensure continuous progress of the team.
- Lead and influence creative process through successful design completion.
The candidates must demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and discuss relevant work materials from their portfolios during the phone and on-site interviews.